[ODE] dWorldStep() crashes with a large number of contact joints. (update)

Robert Rose rose at cafwap.net
Thu Oct 16 20:29:17 MST 2003

On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 06:57  PM, Nate W wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Artur Matos wrote:
>
>> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> If you're running under Windows, check the ODE FAQ for information
> about
> stack overflows when running under Windows.  What you're seeing sounds
> lot like this common problem.

You also mentioned you're running under JNI?  If you're erroring out on
a memcpy() you might want to try increasing the initial heap size of
the JVM.

In my limited experience with JNI, I've had some pretty bad experiences
interfacing C libraries. :-/  Many JVM crashes... You can have a minor
memory leak overwrite something in the java space and then things
slowly degrade.

-robert