[ODE] Previous timestep significance?

Konstantin Voloshin volk6 at mail.ru
Tue Oct 14 17:38:23 MST 2003

Hello,

I understand now, thanks a lot. Implementation in ODE of the example
you proposed behaved very much like you predicted.

Then I followed experiments with switching time-steps of .1 and .001
every frame, and tried to alter ERP and CFM according to the current
timestep.

This was accomplished by using the formulae
  ERP = h k_p / (h k_p + k_d)
  CFM = 1 / (h k_p + k_d)
    h = timestep, k_p = spring constant, k_d = dumping constant
( see http://opende.sourceforge.net/ode-0.039-userguide.html#ref25 )
, and trying to keep spring and dumping constants really being constant.

Doing that made the system behave "well", or at least seem to do so.
Have you tried this kind of solution?

Again, thanks.
VolK