[ODE] contact joints / attaching them

Flavien Brebion f.brebion at vrcontext.com
Fri Oct 10 14:42:40 MST 2003

I'm trying to use one world per dynamic object ( in order to have different
timesteps
per object ); but ODE doesn't allow collisions between multiple worlds. Why
is it
so ?

Specifically, the correct way to use contact joints is, once a contact has
been
determined, to do something like this:

    dJointID c = dJointCreateContact(m_odeWorld, m_odeContacts, contact +
i);
    dJointAttach(c, b1, b2);

Where b1 and b2 are the two bodies.

If i try to do that, i get an assertion, "b1 and b2 are in different world".

So, i wonder if it would be equivalent to do this:

    dJointID c1 = dJointCreateContact(m_odeWorld1, m_odeContacts1, contact +
i);
    dJointAttach(c1, b1, 0);

    dJointID c2 = dJointCreateContact(m_odeWorld2, m_odeContacts2, contact +
i);
    dJointAttach(c2, 0, b2);

But i do not seem to get an equivalent result. This is driving me mad,
please help :)
Thanks,

F. Brebion