[ODE] Trimesh problem?

james at 6msoft.com james at 6msoft.com
Thu Oct 9 20:07:58 MST 2003

Thing is, it seems to handles sharp regions in the terrain perfectly, its
the nice round trees its freaking out on. In fact, the only time I have
been able to penetrate the terrain is when drop my vehicle from like a
kilometer above the ground or something (which is totally unrealistic for
game-play anyways), but the trees I can go into at almost idle speed and
it causes serious issues, its not like I'm traveling half my chassis size
per frame or anything.

Right now I'm thinking I might just end up putting boxes or something
around the trunks of the trees, which won't be the most realistic, and
will require that I either add collision geometry support into my model
editor (which would waste valuable time), or just hack it (which I
wouldn't enjoy).

BTW, thanks for the speedy reply.

-James