[ODE] Increasing precision

Nelson Filipe Ferreira Goncalves nelson_ffg at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 23:40:44 MST 2003

Hi everybody.

I a newbie at using ODE and to test it I simulated the physical model of a
double pendulum both in Matlab (using it's explicit equations) and in ODE.
And got a bitt disapointed when after a while the results started to diverge
a lot.

I think that the precision of the results can be increased by using a
different integrator method. I would like to test different ones (using the
GNU Scientific library) but I do not know how does the simulation step works
in ODE. Can anybody help me ?

Thanks,

Nelson