[ODE] Simulated Humanoid Robot Judo contest & Webots tutorial

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 6 02:51:51 MST 2003

> Hi,
>
> I just uploaded a MPEG movie on the Simulated Humanoid Robot Judo
> Contest web site: http://cyberboticspc1.epfl.ch/contest/index.php
> I relies on Webots: a mobile robot simulation software using ODE. At the
> moment the floor is a bit slipy, but the competition seems to be very
> promising! We currently have got 11 teams involved in the contest...
>
> BTW, we are organizing a tutorial with Webots and tranfer to real
> Khepera robots at IROS 2003, Las Vegas, October 27-31 (International
> Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems). It may give a first idea
> on how ODE simulations can scale to real world... The URL of the
> tutorial is http://cyberboticspc1.epfl.ch/IROS2003_tutorial.html. It's
> still open for registrations!
>
> I hope to see some of you there.
>
> -Olivier

OH... MY... G*O*D YOU GUYS!!!!!!!  I just came up with the ALL-TIME GREATEST
IDEA EVER:

Robot Judo Dismount.

It would somehow incorporate a truck tumbling down stairs, with robots
Judo-chopping each other on top of/inside/sitting on the hood of the truck,
until they were dismounted by the inevitable collision with a wall.

It would be GLORIOUS!

--
Gary R. Van Sickle