[ODE] Car simulation

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Sun Oct 5 11:17:55 MST 2003

Steve Baker wrote:
> Robson Ito wrote:
>
>> i´m trying to implement a car with ODE. i look to the buugy example
>> and did some adaptation to use two wheels in the front. everything is
>> ok. i got just a problem. The spheres from the wheel seen to spin in
>> the wrong side. when i go to the front it spin like i´m goint to back
>> and vice-versa. Funny =). Does someone now what is going on?
>> the buuggy example works i know, but......
>

> I have a working example of the standard buggy demo - but modified to
> work well with four wheels.
>
> Is it appropriate to send that kind of thing as an attachment here?

Probably.  If it's not appreciably more complex, it might
be a good idea for someone (Russ!) to use it to replace the
current test_buggy source.  Since everyone seems to use the
test_*.cpp apps as templates for learning ODE, it makes sense
for them to be as instructive as possible.

(Several months ago someone submitted a fixed/cleaned-up
test_boxstack too, though I don't think that made it to
CVS -- I might still have a copy.)

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3