[ODE] "False" already defined???

Engin Cilasun engin at vividimage.co.uk
Thu Oct 2 14:18:38 MST 2003

I usually do not humiliate myself in public, but for once, there you go:
collision_trimesh_box.obj : error LNK2005: "bool __cdecl __False__(void)" (?__False__@@YA_NXZ) already defined in collision_trimesh.obj

Upon searching the file contents, I found a suitable candidate in file Opcode.h:

#define SetIceError false

and it's being used twice in the code, once by the macro CHECKALLOC, which simply turns into:

CHECKALLOC(x) if(!x) return false("Out of memory.", EC_OUTOUFMEMORY);

during compile, and by this bit of code in OPC_Model.cpp:

if(!(create.Rules&SPLIT_COMPLETE)) return false("OPCODE WARNING: supports blah blah\n");

Hmm, nice...

Any comments? Am I lacking the sleep and/or coffee to understand the deep meaning in all of this :) ?

Engin Cilasun
engin at vividimage.co.uk