[ODE] newbie question -- ode orientation matrices and quats

Daniel Monteiro Basso dmbasso at inf.ufrgs.br
Wed Nov 19 23:11:50 MST 2003

Hi,

I made a library for scene management, with povray output. I'll release
it GPLd in the future (when the whole simulator I'm building is stable
enough).

The part that deals with the translation/rotation matrix is:

   if (type!=dPlaneClass)
      out << "matrix <"
        << rot[0] << ","  << rot[8] << ","  << rot[4] << ",\n"

As you can notice, povray uses columns instead of lines, and the 'up'
vector is Y, not Z.

You can see the current stage of the simulator (named 'phi') at:
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~dmbasso/phi

There is not much to see yet, but I welcome feedback.

Hope this helps... :)

Daniel