[ODE] another ODE + GA thing

Ander Taylor ander_taylor at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 15 14:03:55 MST 2003

Very cool man!

I have been kinda working on something similar, but not got to far yet. It's
been year's now that I have been talking about it!!!

Seeing that video makes me want to get my act together and do some work!

Ander : )

----Original Message Follows----

I think I've been talking about adding a genetic algorithm to my ODE
project for almost two years now, but I finally did something about it
this week.  It's not in a released (binary) version yet, but it will be in
the next week or two.  In the meantime, here's a video of my first
GA-trained critter:

It's a quadruped, so originally I was expecting them to walk like a dog or
something... When I got home from work today I found them waddling
sideways in a funny way.  That was a nice surprise.

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA

ODE mailing list
ODE at q12.org