[ODE] Submitting documentation

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Fri May 30 11:29:02 2003

hi martin,

more documentation is greatly appreciated!

the documentation source is in ode/doc/ode.doc. it's a simple text file
with a bunch of commands to control formatting, like @section{name} and
@code{...}. the perl script called 'doccer' in the same directory is used
to convert the documentation into HTML, use

  doccer ode.doc > ode.html

the complete set of formatting commands are described at the top of the
files 'doccer' and 'snarf'.

as for the mass functions - i've been using the convention that mass
setting functions take the density, not the total mass (e.g.
dMassSetSphere() and friends). the total mass is determined by the size of
the object that is specified. but it you want to specify the total mass
and not the density, then you call dMassAdjust() giving it the previously
initialized mass object and the new total mass.

russ.

--
Russ Smith
http://www.q12.org/