[ODE] Use of GLUT for rendering

Danesh Tarapore daneshtarapore at yahoo.com
Sat May 24 14:58:01 2003

--0-1185998649-1053813483=:82117

Hi,

I am using GLUT for window management and rendering of the data from ODE. However I wanted to know what callback function to use, so that within the glutMainLoop() event handling loop, when that particular callback function is called to render a frame, the frames appear continous visually.

I tried to use the callback glutIdleFunc(funcPtr) but the window refreshing itself is clearly visible. Even some sort of timer like sleep eithe makes the refreshment too slow/fast but still very much moticable

Thanks,
Danesh

--0-1185998649-1053813483=:82117

<DIV>Hi,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am using GLUT for window management and rendering of the data from ODE. However I wanted to know what callback function to use, so that within the glutMainLoop() event handling loop, when that particular callback function is called to render a frame, the frames appear continous visually. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I tried to use the callback glutIdleFunc(funcPtr) but the window refreshing itself is clearly visible. Even some sort of timer like sleep eithe makes the refreshment too slow/fast but still very much moticable</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Danesh</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>