[ODE] Multiple cameras for the same simulation

nearaz nearaz at interamotion.com
Mon May 19 13:02:02 2003

Hi,

> I am working on a mobile robot simulation. I need to set up multiple
> cameras onthe robot, and send the received data from each camera
> onto a new window.
> Its actually just setting the viewpoint xyz and hpr for each camera,
> but I want each camera view to be displayed in a new window.
> Please tell me how I should go about it,

Not quite sure why this could be ODE related (unless you use and depend on
drawstuff, then skip all the remainder of this mail)...

ODE doesn't care about displays, windows, graphics APIs and graphics engines
at all - it just computes body positions and orientations. It's you who takes
them and display in any way you like.

For several windowed views, one could do:
  step the simulation
  for each window
    display the world in the window using corresponding camera

Basically that's all. How exactly are the "display in window" handled - that
depends on graphics API and windowing system; but that is not related to ODE
in any way.

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/