[ODE] Demo of upcoming kart game

Dietmar Suoch dietmar.suoch at fhs-hagenberg.ac.at
Sun May 18 05:57:02 2003

Jeroen Schmitz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have decided to put up a little demo of the kart racing game I am
> currently working on. All physics in the game are done using ODE, but
> there are still some issues that have to be resolved regarding those
> physics. Sometimes the cars don't behave the way they should, which
> might partially be a caused by flaws in ODE and maybe by the way I am
> using ODE.
> Anyway, if you like the game and would like to give some suggestions on
> how to improve the game (mainly the physics, that is), any feedback is
> greatly appreciated!

hi,

i liked your kartdemo. it has a very nice
authentic handling.

i drove several rounds, but i couldn't get
the cart to behave abnormal. no driving on the wall
or flipping over, sorry. i really tried hard ;).
physics therefore seem really ok to me.

but i got some weird graphic errors on my
ATi radeon 8500 (catalyst 3.2, winxpsp1)
you can have a look at them here:
http://www.8ung.at/chemical13/da/kartdemo-screenshots.zip

as you already said, UI and AI is really not that good.
keep on working on that ;)

> The final release for this game is currently scheduled for somewhere in
> september this year.

looking forward.
so, keep going ....

*hth*