[ODE] python bindings?

Paul Rudin paul.rudin at ntlworld.com
Fri May 16 22:39:02 2003

"Sean R. Lynch" <seanl@chaosring.org> writes:

> On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 03:52, Paul Rudin wrote:
> > I see from the list archives that a couple of people have experimented
> > with making a python interface to Ode. Is there anything that more or
> > less works that's available for download somewhere?
>
> The developers of Soya <http://oomadness.tuxfamily.org/en/soya/> want to
> integrate ODE. Soya is a high-level 3D engine for Python. I wrote a
> quickie SWIG wrapper, but it doesn't work yet because I haven't wrapped
> the functions that need callbacks yet.

OK, well - I might have a go at writing some wrappers using boost
python (http://www.boost.org/libs/python) myself - I'm just loath to
re-invent the wheel if someone has already done it.

Soya looks interesting - I might have to have a little play with
that. Thanks for the link. I've been expermenting with the python
interface for ogre (http://ogre.sourceforge.net) as a way of doing 3d
rendering from python.