[ODE] Basic Questions.

Danesh Tarapore daneshtarapore at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 21:10:02 2003

--0-1099895707-1053057857=:51750

Hi,

I need to create a wheeled mobile robot. Can anyone suggest what kind of joint should be used for the steering and rear wheels.

ODE supports the creation of basic shaped bodies such as box,cylinder,sphere. How can I create more complex bodies, such as a box with holes in its bottom for the wheels to pass through. How can I join these simple bodies.

I also didnot quite understand what is the functionality of the getdata() and putdata() functions in ODE.

I would really appreciate any help on these questions.

Regards,
Danesh.

--0-1099895707-1053057857=:51750

<DIV>Hi,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I need to create a wheeled mobile robot. Can anyone suggest what kind of joint should be used for the steering and rear wheels. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>ODE supports the creation of basic shaped bodies such as box,cylinder,sphere. How can I create more complex bodies, such as a box with holes in its bottom for the wheels to pass through. How can I join these simple bodies.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I also didnot quite understand what is the functionality of the getdata() and putdata() functions in ODE.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would really appreciate any help on these questions.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Danesh.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>