[ODE] Creating a TriList heightmap geom

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Wed May 14 00:09:02 2003

> Thanks for your help, I'm now having great fun driving my vehicles
> around a real terrain (not the flat plane I had before) :D

That's interesting - I dind't manage to overcome tri-collider problems
(precision problems, I guess) for vehicles completely... The "fear the
wireframe" is still apparent, and it requires lots of world step iterations
(eg. 200), using ODE in double precision and lots of tuning of
cfm/erp/hinges/contacts to reduce this...

Even after that, the car on perfectly flat triangle mesh is jumping on the
triangle boundaries, especially when it gains some speed...

Anyone else tried tri-collider for vehicles? Or should I convert OPCODE so
that it also uses double precision? :)

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/