[ODE] Gravity

amundbørsand amund at c2i.net
Tue May 13 14:06:01 2003

"Charles Ingalls" <charles.ingalls@freesbee.fr> skreiv:

> I've look at 'test_boxstack.cpp' in ODE Package and found that gravity is set to -0.5 (????) and timestep to 0.05 (????).
> Someone could explain me the meaning of this value and where is my problem ???

The timestep value is how much time ODE thinks passes for each timestep.
In your case, since you defined gravity as m/s/s, the timestep is in
seconds. The boxstack test (and the other tests) use no "real" timing if
I remember correctly, so that things in those examples will fall much
faster on a fast computer (which produces higher FPS). However, ODE
can't see this difference. Did that make any sense? :)

--
amundbørsand <amund@c2i.net>