[ODE] Creating a TriList heightmap geom

Nate W coding at natew.com
Mon May 12 14:16:02 2003

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Christophe Hosten wrote:

> > Well, I've got the TriList, OpCode and ODE working together, and the
> > examples compile and run fine :)
>
> I assume u compiled it as a lib, has anyone done this for a dll with
> success ? I'm not sure how to compile ode + trilist as a dll. How do I
> link opcode ? Or do I have to compile both in separate dll ?

I had ODE+Trilist as a DLL, linking to the OPCODE DLL, and working just
fine.  However, since updating to the recent ODE from CVS, I'm not getting
proper contact joints.  The normals are composed of near-infinitesimal
scalars.  If anyone else has run into something similar, and fixed it, I'm
all ears.

If you've downloaded the most recent Juice, you'll notice that terrain
doesn't work... this is why. :-)

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA