[ODE] hw

Ander Taylor ander_taylor at hotmail.com
Sun May 11 19:38:02 2003

Billy Wrote:

>I doubt it will happen. Games are the only thing that drives these types of
>markets. 1Ghz of cpu power dedicated to physics is plenty of power for most
>anything you would want to do in a game for today. By the time game
>developers figure out how to use that up, there will be 3Ghz of cpu laying
>around idling.

>-billy

Time and time again arguments along the lines of "why on earth would you
ever need all that....." have proved to be quite laughable in hindsight,
especially in the computer industry.

Ander

MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_messenger.asp