[ODE] Some basic questions

Mohammad Bilal prettyh8machine at mail.com
Wed May 7 14:35:01 2003

Ok, still being a newbie to opende, here are some questions:

- How do I represent complex static triangle mesh in OpenDE for collision (and possibly some physics but not necessarily) ? dTriMeshClass or what ? And if I use this then how do I set and get the triangles ? Through dSetData and dGetData ?? If I want to draw this geometry, will I have to obtain the triangles data through dGetData function and then just draw it myself ?

- If I use some other collision detection system (like OPCODE), do I necessarily have to generate contact information ? What If in a simple scenario (like in a small first person game) I simply detect the collision and bounce the entity off the ground or some other static thing myself but use OpenDE only for applying friction, velocity etc. (I understand this doesnt make any sense since if im doing everything else myself, why do i have to use ode here) but still, I just want to know if this is possible or not.

I would appreciate if someone could help me.
Thanks,
Bilal

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup