[ODE] Hovercraft dynamics

vempire vempire at alternity.net
Fri May 2 09:00:02 2003

Hi,

I am trying to do hovercraft dynamics with ODE.. I'm not sure how to provide for the steering in the simulation as there is no real contact with the ground (air cushion floating slightly above the ground).

I am thinking it is best to create a hinge joint for one flap at the back of the rotor and use a motor on that so that it can apply the necessary forces. I'm not sure how the steering will be handled in this case.

I'm new to using a physics engine and do not know which approach is best. I will continue investigating it but help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Laurent