[ODE] drawing code

Frank C. pox at planetquake.com
Thu May 1 00:48:02 2003

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 02:45  AM, Steve Dekorte wrote:

> Has anyone considered rewriting the drawing code to use GLUT instead
> of X or windows specific code for events? If I were to rewrite it,
> would the maintainers be interested in including it with the release?

There's a GLUT drawstuff driver in the Mac CFM Carbon contrib - but it
hasn't been updated on the CVS yet - a new version is here:
http://webhome.idirect.com/~frankco/Mac_CFMCarbon.zip (dig around in
there for "mac_glut_carbon.cpp"). The one on the CVS uses MacOS timer
calls, while the new one uses a GLUT timer, so it's more portable.

You'll have to get rid of the Mac specific headers and all the SIOUX
stuff and it should work as-is, though I also changed a couple of the
keyboard controls to make more sense on the Mac. Also note that it
lacks PPM frame export, but that shouldn't be too difficult to add.

Frank.