[ODE] iterative solver: testing needed

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 31 03:22:02 2003

david@csworkbench.com wrote:
>>>I think I left the world ERP at 1 and CFM at 0 in the version I
>>>released.  Anyone who is having the stuff disappearing problem, try
>>>changing these to 0.8 and 1e-5.
>>
>>Unfortunately that doesn't fix things.  :(  Tried 1e-3 too in case the
>>tiny CFM was getting lost in the single-precision maths.
>
> Hmmmm, can you swap in dWorldStepFast (and add iterations) to test_buggy
> and see if it works?

Right, test_buggy exhibits the same problems, EXCEPT I can see
what's actually happening -- the buggy is for unknown reasons
falling through the floor in the first few frames and hence
disappearing from view very quickly.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
... but his bosses didn't like him so they shot him into space.