[ODE] Re: OT: virtual creatures in games

Dave Kerr aidave at telus.net
Thu Mar 27 14:13:02 2003

Hello ODE,

I am making an app that is related to virtual creatures.

http://aiplanet.sourceforge.net

The creatures are not smart, my goal right now is to make an environment for
them.  Which is alot harder than it seems.  Like adding constraints and such
as to creature movements.  Although it has been already done by universities
like MIT, there is no opensource equivalent.

I am planning on integrating into ODE soon, which I tried earlier and
succeeded.  But then I couldnt figure out terrain collision and water, so I
reverted back to my simple physics system.