[ODE] Particle/cloth/skeleton (was: Re: Choleski factorization)

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 25 02:57:48 2003

gl wrote:
 > I'm not keen on compile time processor dependency though.  I'm also
against
 > using DLLs - a) I don't like them (won't go into reasons), and b) the
XBox
 > doesn't support them, and you never know.

b) is a nonissue though in the sense that the CPU is known, so you
wouldn't have to have runtime-swappable implementations anyway. :)

 > Also, is there an issue with getting the exact same floating point output
 > across the different code paths?  Again something I'm not familiar
with, but
 > as I'm writing a client/server based game, something to worry about.

That is a really excellent point...

--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
... but his bosses didn't like him so they shot him into space.