SV: [ODE] Particle/cloth/skeleton (was: Re: Choleski factorization)

Joakim Eriksson jme at snowcode.com
Mon Mar 24 01:04:02 2003

> SIMD: I wasn't considering rewriting all of the code with SIMD
> alternatives, but just rewriting Vector and Matrix
> multiplication and dot
> product functions with a SIMD alternative.  Then possibly

Sounds good to me. However as I pointed out before. Converting
ODE to use SSE is not an easy task because in a lot of places the
computations are done componen wise. Also there is quite a few
macros that takes the operation as input. I assume that all those
would have to be replaced with a new macro. Then there are some
other issues also. In the end it would be a lot of work but it
would also surely be worth it.

> Verlet:

If what you want is to simulate softbodies then I think you should
think about what Jeff Lander said. He was playing around with the
"Lots of particles and distance constraints" idea also when he
figured out that he would need so many constraints that it would
be better to just go with a finite elements method.
He mentions that he's writing a paper on the subject. I asked
him last week about the paper but I still havent got any reply from him.
The original position this is mentioned in can be found here
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=MlY18.4
52%24Vn6.280076%40paloalto-snr1.gtei.net

/Joakim E. - http://www.planestate.net