[ODE] Creature Evolution input

skjold@cistron.nl skjold at cistron.nl
Fri Mar 14 08:25:02 2003

Hi Josh,

I didn't take a look yet at your project, so I don't know exactly how it's essentially different from Sims' work (I'll definately check your site tonight, but right now I'm still at work). But Sims did use a GA to evolve his block creatures, both the brains and bodies in tandem. However, the control structures he defined were actually more like circuits, using various different functional units rather than just regular neurons.

Anyway, I'm very interested to read about your work, so I'll check it out soon!
Greets,
Mark