[ODE] Making an MSVC project that uses ODE & drawstuff

John DeWeese deweese at ict.usc.edu
Wed Mar 12 14:54:01 2003

I see... well, I don't have the ode libs in the VC7 directory, I just
have it in a directory near my own project. I go into the project
options for debug and release, and set the C/C++:input section include
paths to point to the ode includes. Then I go to the Linker/input or
Linker/general or some such and set "additional places to look for
libraries" (sic) to the ode lib dir, and then put ode.lib on the
library input line. Not setting the ode includes as a system directory
means that I have to use #include "ode/ode.h" instead of <ode/ode.h>.
Kinda annoying.

I don't think it's necessary to add it as a linker option, doing the
ambiguous instructions above worked for me. Not familiar with
Comctl32.lib, but what the hey. I have never had the test_boxstack app
(that was the test I used too) crash on exit.

Ping the list with further issues, keep at it.

   - John DeWeese