[ODE] Making an MSVC project that uses ODE & drawstuff

Pete Graves pete_graves at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 14:17:02 2003

Thanks John. The steps you listed is the stuff I can do (except I don't need
to change anything for it to compile the .libs in MSVC). It is using the
libraries from within Visual Studio (or any IDE) thats the problem.

Where do I need to set the path to find the library. I assumed that putting
the files in the Vc7\lib\ and Vc7\include\ directory would have them found.

Assuming I need to specify the library in the project somewhere, I tried
adding ode.lib in the "Additional Options", in the "Command Line" section of
linker configuration for the project which worked (but gives a couple of
weird warnings).

I tried compiling an ode test program, and added drawstuff.lib too. It was
still missing what seemed to be OpenGL functions, so I added OpenGL32.lib,
Glu32.lib, Comctl32.lib and resources.RES too. That works, but strangely the
program crashes when I exit.

I don't really know what I am doing with all these project settings. Am I
doing the right thing, or do I not need to do all this?

Thanks again,

Pete.

Chat online in real time with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.co.uk