[ODE] Weird Dynamics

whitt013 whitt013 at bama.ua.edu
Fri Mar 7 11:18:01 2003

Forwarding this to the list....

Hey, I think I have a good idea of what your problem might be.  Per ODE docs:

"Currently the fixed joint does not support a non-identity relative rotation
between two bodies, it only supports a relative offset."

I can't see your videos from here, so I'm not sure what kind of rotation is
involved, but I'm assuming that since they are spheres, they are rotating
before they run into each other.  If this is the case, when two spheres
contact that don't have identical rotations, the fixed joint tries to force
them to get to that orientation.  So, you might try setting both spheres'
rotation to identity before you attach the fixed joint and see what happens.

David