[ODE] unstable objects and the documentation

Roel van Dijk roelvandijk at home.nl
Wed Jun 25 15:55:02 2003

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 12:56, DjA wrote:
> Am I correct in these assumptions? My only real issue with that is that a
> gravity of -9.7 is next to useless, as car-sized objects end up 0.3 units
> long, and thus gravity goes up to -97.0, to compensate.
I don't see the relation between object size and gravitational pull... The
gravity determines the acceleration of an object. -9.7 means that every
object in the world has a continues acceleration. Every second the speed of
an object is increased by 9.7 meters per second (or units). Size or mass
don't matter. Gravity is a force of course, but the force is larger on larger
objects.