[ODE] Bipeds and other characters

Frederic Ferland fref at videotron.ca
Thu Jun 19 17:28:01 2003

Just to get my brain thinking until I attempt to do it myself, can anyone
give me an idea of how a biped (or other such character) can be made to
walk using ODE?  I have trouble imagining how I could make the character
stay on it's legs and not collapse to the ground due to gravity.  I'm sure
that the solution is not simply to apply a force in the direction of the
sky on the body...  That would probably cause the character to go up and
down in a weird way.  Any thoughts on how this could be handled?

Thanks!