[ODE] UNSORTED TriList collision (no trees!)

Ed Resnick edresnick at game-developer.com
Wed Jun 18 15:59:02 2003

I don't use trees, I use equally-sized cells. There are many reasons and it's complicated but basically trees will require far too much memory... prohibitively much. You seem to be thinking RAPID or OPCODE were written by God, and that no mortal can do better. Don't be naive; they're just two people's (with others adding stuff) solutions to a problem. I used mine.

So anyway, is there no such package for simple shape-triangle collision without extra bloat?

Free E-mail provided by the GDSE:
http://www.gdse.com/

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com, No Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag