[ODE] Looped systems

Mattias Fagerlund mattias at cambrianlabs.com
Wed Jun 18 14:19:01 2003

> Uhm... sorry to express my ingratiating lack of insight... but does ODE
> support looped articulated systems? In other words can object A be
> joined to object B which is joined to object C which in turn is
> connected to object A again?

It is my understanding that it can - this is one of the reasons for the
1/exponential performance of the solver. Non-looping solvers are faster
and cheaper, but less general. Anyway, that is my understanding.

http://opende.sourceforge.net/junk.html :
(ODE is _not_ Featherstone)
"Featherstone based methods are very fast, but only allow tree
structured systems and do not support hard contact constraints. "

cheers,