[ODE] int8 conflict

Jim Sager james_sager5 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 15:14:02 2003

--0-1429533639-1055888052=:8499

The only respected way to have a hierarchical body not collide with itself is through use if iBodyGroup.  I know how to use the API functions, but when the functionality provided in the API is not present, then I need help accessing them.  Its ok if you don't want to help me, thats fine, I don't need told off though.  CS is a complex piece of software, and not everyone knows every last piece of it.  I'm several months into programming a large scale project with CS, and I am 100% held up on not being able to use iBodyGroup. I do appreciate the suggestion to comment out the int8, because I wasn't sure how that'd affect the library as a whole.

To load up the collision detection plugin, walktest uses:
const char *p= cfg->GetStr("Walktest.Settings.CollDetPlugin","crystalspace.collisiondetection.rapid");

collide_system=CS_LOAD_PLUGIN(plugin_mgr,p,iCollideSystem);

>From what people told me earlier, I'm trying:

cs Ref <iDynamics> dyn =CS_LOAD_PLUGIN(plugin_mgr,"crystalspace.dynamics.ode",iDynamics);

But this line is giving me all the errors:
CS/odedynam.so: File not found
CS/lib/odedynam.so: File not found

./odedynam.so File not found

Then again, all of the ODE does not make, and it crashes on:
drawstuff/src/drawstuff.cpp:45:20: GL/glu.h

Duphrey said its cool though since I was able to correctly place libode.a, and /include/ode in the right places.

I can do my own code well, but I have trouble interfacing with other people's code, so it'd seem like it'd only make sense I ask the authors.

If I can't get past this within a month, I'll probably have to manually recode iBodyGroup which would probably take me another month too.  Heck, I'd be just tempted to give up.

,Jim

"Martin C. Martin" <martin@metahuman.org> wrote:
> That worked.
>
> Now when I run my program, it still says failed to load 'odedynam'
> /CS/odedynam.so. File not found
> etc
>
> I ran ./configure in the main CS directory and it said:
> checking for libode ...yes
>
> Any help?

You need to learn about shared libraries vs. static libraries, which one
you want, and if you want dynamics, how to influence which directories
your OS looks for when loading dynamic libraries. This varies from one OS
to the other, so I can't really help you here.

- Martin
--0-1429533639-1055888052=:8499

<DIV>The only respected way to have a hierarchical body not collide with itself is through use if iBodyGroup.&nbsp; I know how to use the API functions, but when the functionality provided in the API is not present, then I need help accessing them.&nbsp; Its ok if you don't want to help me, thats fine, I don't need told off though.&nbsp; CS is a complex piece of software, and not everyone knows every last piece of it.&nbsp; I'm several months into programming a large scale project with CS, and I am 100% held up on not being able to use iBodyGroup.&nbsp;I do appreciate the suggestion to comment out the int8, because I wasn't sure how that'd affect the library as a whole.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>To load up the collision detection plugin, walktest uses:</DIV>
<DIV>const char *p= cfg-&gt;GetStr("Walktest.Settings.CollDetPlugin","crystalspace.collisiondetection.rapid");</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>collide_system=CS_LOAD_PLUGIN(plugin_mgr,p,iCollideSystem);</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>From what people told me earlier, I'm trying:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>cs Ref &lt;iDynamics&gt; dyn =CS_LOAD_PLUGIN(plugin_mgr,"crystalspace.dynamics.ode",iDynamics);</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But this line is giving me all the errors:</DIV>
<DIV>CS/odedynam.so: File not found</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>CS/lib/odedynam.so: File not found</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>./odedynam.so File not found</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Then again, all of the ODE does not make, and it crashes on:</DIV>
<DIV>drawstuff/src/drawstuff.cpp:45:20: GL/glu.h</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Duphrey said its cool though since I was able to correctly place libode.a, and /include/ode in the right places.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I can do my own code well, but I have trouble interfacing with other people's code, so it'd seem like it'd only make sense I ask the authors.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If I can't get past this within a month, I'll probably have to manually recode iBodyGroup which would probably take me another month too.&nbsp; Heck, I'd be just tempted to give up.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>,Jim</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>"Martin C. Martin" &lt;martin@metahuman.org&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">&gt; That worked.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Now when I run my program, it still says failed to load 'odedynam'<BR>&gt; /CS/odedynam.so. File not found<BR>&gt; etc<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I ran ./configure in the main CS directory and it said:<BR>&gt; checking for libode ...yes<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Any help?<BR><BR>You need to learn about shared libraries vs. static libraries, which one<BR>you want, and if you want dynamics, how to influence which directories<BR>your OS looks for when loading dynamic libraries. This varies from one OS<BR>to the other, so I can't really help you here.<BR><BR>- Martin<BR>_______________________________________________<BR>ODE mailing list<BR>ODE@q12.org<BR>http://q12.org/mailman/listinfo/ode</BLOCKQUOTE><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1429533639-1055888052=:8499--