[ODE] how to create new geometry classes within new collision detection system

slipch slipch <slipch at gsc-game.kiev.ua>
Mon Jun 9 00:35:02 2003

Hello Tim,

Friday, June 6, 2003, 5:18:53 PM, you wrote:

TS> Hi!

TS> I am a little bit confused about how to create new geometry classes.
TS> collision_kernel.cpp says something about C++ subclassing and a
TS> 'cumbersome' C interface to support legacy code.

TS> I have already created new geometry classes as it is described in the
TS> ODE docs (chapter 9.8) and it worked fine with the old collision
TS> detection system. It seems to me that I have used the mentioned C
TS> interface at that time, providing collider-, selector- and aabb-function.

TS> Is this further on the way to create user geom or is C++ subclassing the
TS> preferred one? What must be provided or changed in the latter case and
TS> can the code be integrated within separate .h and .cpp files?

TS> kind regards,
TS>         Tim

You may use the same code in new collision detection system as in the
old one.

 Examine Cylinder contribute to make sure. Cylinders - is
user definite geometry class.

--
Best regards,
 slipch                            mailto:slipch@gsc-game.kiev.ua