[ODE] how to create new geometry classes within new collision detection system

Tim Schmidt tisch at uni-paderborn.de
Fri Jun 6 07:18:02 2003

Hi!

I am a little bit confused about how to create new geometry classes.
collision_kernel.cpp says something about C++ subclassing and a
'cumbersome' C interface to support legacy code.

I have already created new geometry classes as it is described in the
ODE docs (chapter 9.8) and it worked fine with the old collision
detection system. It seems to me that I have used the mentioned C
interface at that time, providing collider-, selector- and aabb-function.

Is this further on the way to create user geom or is C++ subclassing the
preferred one? What must be provided or changed in the latter case and
can the code be integrated within separate .h and .cpp files?

kind regards,
    	Tim