[ODE] ODE used in LTGameJam'03

Jeroen Schmitz Jeroen Schmitz" <ode at q12.org
Thu Jun 5 07:18:02 2003

nearaz wrote:
>> And it runs fine now!
>
> That's good :)
>
>> I'm curious though, what could be so specific or rare about my
>> configuration that could have caused this bug to appear on my machine
>> and not on others?
>
> I don't know precisely, but I've commented out very innocent looking
> std::sort line that sorts display mode list by
> resolution/refresh/format. Still I don't know what's the problem with
> it (if replaced by qsort() it works fine on those 'problematic'
> configurations)...
>
> Maybe there is some stupid bug in totally unrelated place; or the
> tiny people are shuffling the bits of source code - who knows :)

I have heard of bugs that are in some implementations of the std libs
(especially the ones that come with Visual C++) that may be related to
this issue. Maybe the difference between my system and others is that I
have so much resolutions that appear in your display list that this bug
appears.

Jeroen