[ODE] ODE motors on real robots

Davide Faconti facontidavide at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 03:22:02 2003

<P>I want to have your opinion on my idea.</P>
<P>We are building a humanoid robot (to know more, look at <A href="http://www.isaacrobot.org">www.isaacrobot.org</A>). I use ODe for simulation and I got an idea:</P>
<P>almost everyone use distributed control: it means that you send the angle to a joint (motor) and you expect it to do its best to control its own position. I wuold like to implement global control.</P>
<P>Knowing the global movement of the robot, I will send force&nbsp;commands to every motor, controlling the error with a local PID (or fuzzy PID) control.</P>
<P>My question is: is it reasonable to use a prediction of the force required by the motors&nbsp;using the method used by&nbsp;Russ in ODE? If it is (Russ, tell me your opinion), could you suggest me any paper to know more about that method?</P>
<P>Thanks</P>