[ODE] Character control

Patrik Stellmann patrik at volleynet.de
Tue Jul 22 00:44:01 2003

The most 'correct' way is probably to create a 2d-joint allowing only
moving along the horizontal axis' and rotation along the vertical axis
which might be a useful
extension to ode also for others. However, I have no experience with
writing joints in ode yet so I have no idea how much work it is.

An alternative would be to place the center of mass at the ground -
since center of mass needs to be at (0, 0, 0) so far you could realize
that by shifting the box-geom with transform-geom. Maybe you can also
get the required results with specifying a very high inertia moment for
the two horizontal axis or a combination of both...

just my 2 cents...