[ODE] crash prevention?

Nguyen Binh Nguyen Binh <ngbinh at glassegg.com>
Mon Jul 14 20:57:02 2003

rhacj> NTDLL! 77f51c96()
rhacj> NTDLL! 77f7e265()
rhacj> MSVCRTD! 1021700f()
rhacj> VIRTUALLIFE! dMessage + 84 bytes
rhacj> VIRTUALLIFE! dMessage + 64 bytes
rhacj> VIRTUALLIFE! dNormalize4 + 194 bytes
       I think the problem is we have #NAN on the position, maybe the
       system has exploded.
rhacj> VIRTUALLIFE! dInternalStepIsland_x1(struct dxWorld *,struct dxBody * const *,int,struct dxJoint * const *,int,float) + 5681 bytes
       Why dInternalStepIsland_x1? I think it's old and shouldn't used
       now.
rhacj> VIRTUALLIFE! dInternalStepIsland_x2(struct dxWorld *,struct dxBody * const *,int,struct dxJoint * const *,int,float) + 6332 bytes
       This do the same jobs as dInternalStepIsland_x1 but newer.
rhacj> VIRTUALLIFE! dInternalStepIsland(struct dxWorld *,struct dxBody * const *,int,struct dxJoint * const *,int,float) + 32 bytes
rhacj> VIRTUALLIFE! dWorldStep + 753 bytes
rhacj> VIRTUALLIFE! dWorldStep + 88 bytes
rhacj> CreatureTick(RRender * 0x00328de8) line 557 + 19 bytes

       So, firstly, you should double check #define in ODE. You
       shouldn't use COMPARE_METHODS in step.cpp

       Secondly, it's worth to upgrade to ODE 0.39 and try the new
       stepfast.You can grab my VC package of ODE 0.39 at
       www.coderfarm.com

       Hope that helps,

--
Best regards,