[ODE] New Physics SDK

Joakim Eriksson jme at snowcode.com
Thu Jul 10 07:13:02 2003

> >  I ran accross this :
> >
> > http://meqon.com/
> >
> >   A new Physics SDK.
> >   They have cool demo avis.
> Apart from that I suppose that this looks like Just Another Physics
> Engine.  One thing which is interesting to note is that this
> engine (like most game-oriented engines) seems to have (recently)
> gone what I can only presume to be an 'iterative solver' (stepfast!)
> route, inferred from reading their latest news.

Actually it is iterative. It says so in the pdf file you can download.
It does seem to handle quite a lot more that all other engines I have
seen. Like the stickstack-divx.avi and dominogrid-divx.avi. However
I can't seem to find out just what machine they run the thing on so it
might as well be a cray or something.

> (As a side-note, it's always irritating to see 'for more
> information, contact us' in the place a licensing pricelist,
> just to make comparative shopping difficult... grrr.)

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. But it's probably the usual
$30'000 per title per platform or some other random high number.

/Joakim E. - http://www.snowcode.com