[ODE] BoundsChecker

Shaul Kedem shaul_kedem at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 12:43:02 2003

DjArcas,
 I used purify for a while (not the newest one) -
 - do you use release compile?
 - do you use a propriety memory manager?
 - does your version of purify/boundschecker support
heap allocation debugging?

 Check all of the above, if you'll use msvcrt
malloc/new , use a debug compile and your
purify/bounds checker supports heap over bounds
checking (and is enabled) you should find your
problem.

 If that doesn't help try compiling on unix using
electric fence or some other library that does memory
checking (there are a couple out there) - that is
assuming you can compile on a *nix machine.

Hope this helps,
Shaul