[ODE] problems with a cylinder

Filami Filami filami at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 10:31:02 2003

I just don't undestand this object (but I realy need it)....

I'm making a pong clone using 3D tecnology. For that I have 5 planes to
define the game area, a sphere for the ball and I want to add 2 cylinders to
make the pads.
Firstly I don't know how to create such object...I've tried hard but the
rotation of the object isn't good...nothing goo indead....If it would be
possible to see some source code using tis would be gread...notice that I'm
using the y axis up...
Secondly, is the user who will move this object. I don't know how such
things are done in ODE. Making simulations is not too hard but interaging
with objects is some kind confusing bacause Smith says that is not a good
idea to override the position and velocity of objects. BTW, such objects
must react as unlaying objects...how can we make that in ODE? When a ball
hits a plane, the plane does not move...how we can do the same for the
cylinder so the velocity of cylinder interfears with the final velocity of
sphere BUT the cylinder is not moved by that colision...

Thanks in advance :)
Filami

MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online.
http://messenger.msn.com.br