[ODE] Re: tokamak vs. ODE.. interesting to know

Adam Moravanszky [Novodex] adam.moravanszky at novodex.com
Wed Jul 2 05:18:02 2003

Hi Russ,

> that patent should not cover ODE

The first claim of your patent covers all rigid body physics simulation that
uses a semi-implicit time step and constraints.

Remember that a violation of any one claim in a patent is a violation of the
patent.

Beyond that, we could argue about which claims apply to ODE and/or other
physics engines and which do not.  I don't think it is as black and white as
you put it.

> on work that was published by others well before that patent was even
> concieved.

Right, one could also argue about whether all claims in the patent are
indeed valid or whether there is prior art that invalidates some of them.
But such arguments are meaningless because it is not us who rule over these
matters.  I think it would simply be good to let people know that these
patents are out there so they can form their own opinion.

Regards,

    Adam

--  Adam Moravanszky