[ODE] TriMesh support and OPCODE added to ODE core

Pierre Terdiman p.terdiman at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 1 00:59:01 2003

> i have done some work to port OPCODE to unix - i added a unix Makefile
> to the OPCODE source. there were many windows specific things in the
> source, but i've bracketed most of them with "#ifdef WIN32" so it should
> now compile cleanly. i'm not able to test it yet though - i would
> appreciate it if someone could try using TriMesh under linux and tell me
> how it goes.

In case you missed it, someone had already ported version 1.2 to Linux.
Maybe it can help. (there's a link to it on the Opcode page but it seems
down right now)

> pierre - in OPCODE i notice that "SetIceError" is defined to be "false",
> which makes no sense to me and prevents OPCODE from compiling. what is
> SetIceError() for?

Argh :(

Ok :

- "Ice" is my "framework" that includes a bunch of libs to do various things

- Opcode is one of those libs

- In some places I didn't get rid of all the dependencies to the framework.
In particular I'm still using my error handler, using "SetIceError".

- But of course I didn't want to release too much junk with Opcode, so this
function (and others) have been #defined until everything compiled

- In particular this one has been defined to "false" because I use it that
way most of the time :

    return SetIceError("Blah", "More blah");

...yeah, yeah, I know, not cute, whatever. I don't see why it "prevents
Opcode from compiling" though.

Pierre