[ODE] not quite dead yet

Michael Powers popomatix at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 20:59:02 2003

i was able to remove the jitter that was causing
problems in my box stack - so all that remains is my
continually spinning boxes on the ground - someone
suggested that i store the quaternion values (that i
am converting to euler angles for my rotate routine)
and check if they are the same from one worldstep to
the next and stop spinning my blocks - this seems odd
to me

what is the best way for me to get the change in
rotation between world steps (is it the GetRotation
call? which gives me a 3x4 matrix?)

and then how do i get from that call to convert this
matrix to euler angles (the change in the angle from
the previous frame?)

and then how do i tell if the object has stopped
spinning?

since there is a call to populate the matric from a
euler angle shouldnt there be a call in the API to do
the reverse - seems like it would be handy!

thanks