[ODE] ODE MSVC7 Compile Attempt With C-Prompt Screenshots. (suggestions?)

Jeff Weber jeffreyweber at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 19:20:02 2003

This is a continuation of a previous post about compiling ode for msvc7.

Here are the steps I took exactly along with links to screenshots of the
command window and errors I get.

STEP 1:(download and setup)
-------
-Downloaded ode and placed folder at c:\ode-0.035
-Downloaded make.exe from link provided in docs and placed it in "ode-0.035
folder.
-Opened VS7 and added "C:\ode-0.035\include" to my include directories(don't
think this was necassary, but I did it anyway.)
-Opened command prompt and ran vsvars32.bat with NO errors.
-Opened user settings and set settings as follows:
  PLATFORM=msvc-dll
  PRECISION=DOUBLE
  BUILD=debug
  WINDOWS16=0

STEP 2:(compile attempt)
-In the command prompt I ran: "C:\ode-0.035>make configure"

At this point I got the following:(images are a bit large.)
http://www.farseer.com/images/screenshots/ode/MakeConfigure1.jpg
http://www.farseer.com/images/screenshots/ode/MakeConfigure2.jpg

-I then ran "C:\ode-0.035>make ode-lib"
And I got this:
http://www.farseer.com/images/screenshots/ode/Makeodelib.jpg

This is where I'm at. I'm going to try to dig in and find the problems, but
wanted to get this posted in case someone can give me some more guidance.

thanks for any and all help.

-jeff