Re[2]: [ODE] Anyone Get ODE .035 To Compile With VC 7.0 Yet?

slipch slipch <slipch at gsc-game.kiev.ua>
Thu Jan 23 01:25:02 2003

JW>> Currently, I have all the src files loaded into a vc7 dll project and I
JW> am
JW>> using the "config.h" file from the vc7 contrib section since I was
JW> unable to
JW>> create my own.

JW>> When I compile I get many "warnings" and  alot of LNK2005 errors.

I never try to load all files to a VC workplace. And I do not know if
it is possible to compile this way. ODE designed to do be compiled
from command line. It is worthy to read all install notes, readme
etc... In few words- you run cmd, set environment variables - somewhere
in  VC installation must be vsvars32.bat or vcvars32 - simply run it
from command prompt then run make in ode root dir. Some examples
may not compile but ode.lib and ode.dll builds whith no problem.
If linker missed some functions when you build your proj with ode.lib
it may be necessary to add them in msvcdefs.def file. You also may add
compiler/linker options like default calling convention in correspond makefile
(cofig\makefile.msvc-dll for example).

--
Best regards,
 Konstantin Slipchenko                            mailto:slipch@gsc-game.kiev.ua